Acupuncture | Traditional Chinese Medicine
At Crossroads Naturopathic, we have skilled & experienced Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Acupuncturists & Herbalists that focus on modifying, preventing or eliminating certain symptoms & diseases allowing you to achieve improved health and vitality.
Dr. Rida Wang ND, RAc is an accomplished Naturopath and Registered Acupuncturist.
Dr. Sanjay Moham Ram ND is an insightful & effective Naturopath and Acupuncturist.
Dr. Kristen Brown ND chooses Chinese Herbs inspired by a patient's constitution.
Jen Cherewaty RTCMP, RAc is a skilled and compassionate Registered Acupuncturist and TCM Herbalist.
How Does Traditional Chinese Medicine Work?
- At the core of Traditional Chinese Medicine is the philosophy that qi (pronounced "chee") or vital energy flows throughout the body.
- Qi enlivens the body and protects it from illness, pain and disease.
- Your health is a reflection of the quantity, quality and balance of your qi.
- Qi circulates through specific pathways called meridians.
- Meridians are like rivers and are connected to specific organs and glands in the body.
- Just as a river transports water to hydrate plants, meridians transport life giving qi to nourish and energize all your cells, organs, glands, tissues and muscles.
- Just as a dam blocks a river from flowing, when the qi is blocked, flow is restricted and nourishment cannot reach the intended place and symptoms arise.
Traditional Chinese Medicine uses several forms of treatment to normalize and optimize the flow of qi in your body;
- Diet Therapy / Nutrition
- TDP Lamp
- Scrapng Massage (Gwa Sha)
- Herbal Medicine
Our practitioners are trained in understanding lab results and western diagnosis. We work to reveal your specific conditions, symptoms and health history. From this, we create clear, logical & inspiring treatment plans specifically for you. Then we choose a combination of the above modalities to bring you to optimal health.