Acupuncture | Pre-Birth Treatments
By Jen Cherewaty BSc, RTCMP, RAc.
A series of treatments in the final weeks of pregnancy to prepare a woman for childbirth which;
- Ripen the cervix
- Reduce anxiety & stress to invoke calm & strength in the pre-birth time.
- Increase chances of birth starting on time, within 40 weeks.
- Treat other late pregnancy symptoms such as heartburn, leg cramps, back pain, insomnia or swollen hands & feet., itching and fatigue.
- Shorten duration of labour
Once a week starting at week 36 to 40 weeks
- Walking/Swimming ~20-30 minutes two to three times each week
- Pre-Natal Yoga or Tai Chi-two times each week
- Mindful Relation / Meditation / Visualization ~ 5-10 minutes each day
- Rest~20-30 minutes each day
Feedback from Midwives
"Prebirth acupuncture offers a range of positive effects that goes beyond reducing the time spent in labour, with midwives reporting a reduced rate of medical intervention"
~Debra Betts (Midwife & Acupuncturist)