Naturopathic | FAQs
- Why Naturopathic Medicine?
- What does a typical Naturopathic visit involve?
- Can we review multiple health concerns that I have?
- How many visits will I need
- Will I have the chance to ask questions
- Can I have both a ND and MD?
- What concerns do you treat and what general health services do you offer?
- We want to make this experience as pleasant and comfortable as possible, we welcome feedback.
Why Naturopathic Medicine?
- Naturopathic medicine offers the chance to tell your health story in detail.
- Naturopathic philosophy states that the primary goal is to get to the root cause, rather than focus on symptoms.
- It is about being proactive, empowered and taking charge of your health
To achieve these goals, the primary focus is to work with each person on an individual level, creating a plan using natural medicines and lifestyle guidance to help them achieve their health goals for the long term.
What does a typical Naturopathic visit involve?
- The initial visits are 1 hour and return visits are 30 minutes in length
- A thorough review of your health history and goals
- An in-depth assessment of diet, nutrition and lifestyle practices
- A physical exam if indicated
- Ordering of any tests if needed
- Creation of a comprehensive treatment plan to begin to work on your health goals.
Can we review multiple health concerns that I have?
Yes! In fact, we welcome as much information as possible so we can build a complete picture of your "whole" health as we believe in the principle that all is connected in the body.
How many visits will I need
It depends on your concerns and health goals. For new patients, we may see them more frequently initially, then work on the creation of a long term plan for patients in which they come and check in, once, maybe twice per year as needed.
Will I have the chance to ask questions
Of course! The success of your treatment depends on each person taking an active role in their health plan. You are in charge of your wellness so it is of the utmost importance that you understand fully your treatment plan and what you need to do to achieve your goals.
Can I have both a ND and MD?
Yes, most of the patients we see have both a Naturopathic Doctor and a Medical Doctor. We believe in open and honest collaboration with all health care providers to ensure the best care and choice for each patient. It definitely doesn't have to be one or the other!
What concerns do you treat and what general health services do you offer?
At Cross Roads Naturopathic, we offer acute visits for our patients that have:
- colds, flu, allergies, ear infections, sore throats, urinary tract infections, among others and who prefer to treat these conditions naturally.
- Don't worry, we are fully trained to know when to refer if more intermediate care or medication is warranted. Most of the time however, this is not needed!
The significant part of our practices work on health plans for concerns such as:
- eczema, asthma, digestive concerns, diabetes, heart disease, fertility, hormonal health, healthy pregnancy, acne, muscle and joint pain and injury, healing after surgery, frequent upper respiratory infections among many others!
A sampling of the services we offer at Cross Roads Naturopathic:
- Full physical exams for the whole family including well-child checks for little ones and pap tests for women.
- Diet and nutritional guidance
- Exercise prescription
- Intravenous nutritional and chelation therapies
- Laboratory testing for general blood work, hormones, food allergies, nutrient status and heavy metal status.
- Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine prescription
We want to make this experience as pleasant and comfortable as possible, we welcome feedback.
Patients see great value in naturopathic care as our visits allow adequate time to discuss, ask questions and gain a thorough understanding of the body and its processes.