Our Team | Dr. Kristen Brown
Hi, my name is Dr. Kristen Brown. I am a naturopathic physician who practices holistic family medicine and I feel passionate about helping my patients achieve a vibrant state of health!
My practice offers general family healthcare. I choose to seek out the underlying cause of imbalance and practice 'whole-person' healthcare. As a licensed naturopathic physician, I treat patients of all ages with concerns both acute and chronic in nature.
Examples of commonly treated conditions include:
- Digestive problems, skin conditions, allergies and asthma
- Women's health issues, hormonal imbalance, menopause and infertility
- Weight gain, high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease
- Fatigue, insomnia, depression, anxiety, attention deficit disorder
- Joint and muscle pain, sport/athletic injury and healing after surgery
- Cold and flu's, ear and throat infections and headaches and arthritis
In practice, Dr. Brown uses medicines and therapeutics that enhance the body's self-healing process. These treatments include:
- Clinical nutrients, vitamins and minerals, diet planning and nutrition
- Herbal medicine, constitutional and acute homeopathic prescribing
- Stress management and clinical counselling
- Exercise prescription and physical medicine techniques
- Specific programs for weight loss, fitness, detoxification and cleansing, nutrition for athletes, healthy pregnancy, pre and post-surgery protocols
Her interest in physical fitness and exercise physiology led Dr. Brown to complete her undergraduate degree in exercise science. She then went on to complete her 4-year naturopathic medical training at Bastyr University in Seattle with a special interest in the area of women's health and clinical nutrition.
She loves the great outdoors and thoroughly enjoys hiking, camping, sea kayaking and scuba diving in the coastal waters of beautiful British Columbia. She believes that activity and having fun encourage optimal health and vitality!
Begin on your path to wellness today!