How Does Traditional Chinese Medicine Work?
- At the core of Traditional Chinese Medicine is the philosophy that qi (pronounced “chee”) or vital energy flows throughout the body.
- Qi enlivens the body and protects it from illness, pain and disease.
- Your health is a reflection of the quantity, quality and balance of your qi.
- Qi circulates through specific pathways called meridians.
- Meridians are like rivers and are connected to specific organs and glands in the body.
- Just as a river transports water to hydrate plants, meridians transport life giving qi to nourish and energize all your cells, organs, glands, tissues and muscles.
- Just as a dam blocks a river from flowing, when the qi is blocked, flow is restricted and nourishment cannot reach the intended place and symptoms arise.
Traditional Chinese Medicine uses several forms of treatment to normalize and optimize the flow of qi in your body;
- Diet Therapy / Nutrition
- Heat Therapy
- TDP Lamp
- Scraping Massage (Gwa Sha)
- Herbal Medicine