To all men out there…It’s time to step up and get checked out, take a proactive approach to maintain vitality and health over the long term!
Crossroads Naturopathic supports men’s health in many ways;
- Dietary and nutrition support healthy energy, weight loss or muscle mass gain
- Laboratory investigation of nutritional deficiencies to optimize energy and long term health
- Review of mental and emotional health concerns in a non-judgemental, safe environment
- Hormonal laboratory investigation and support that may improve energy, libido, physical performance, fertility and long term health
- General laboratory blood work as appropriate which may include hormonal tests, cardiovascular health markers, PSA, cholesterol and blood sugar investigations to name a few
- Exercise prescription that suits your lifestyle and goals
- Food allergy testing
- Supplement prescription to help you reach your wellness goals
Men’s Health Tips:
Get regular health check-ups, don’t be shy! Keeping healthy is up to you. Get checked out and keep ahead of the game. See below for some basic screening guidelines for men. (There may be others according to your personal and family history, so speak with your health care provider about what is right for you.)
In your 20’s? Get your diet on track to include high fibre, protein and anti-oxidant rich foods. (eat those veggies and choose lean sources of protein) Get an initial blood pressure measurement done. If you smoke, quit now! Ask your family about the details of their health history; your parents, siblings and grandparents. This is important information for you to know.
In your 30’s? Get your blood pressure and body mass index checked to make sure you are maintaining a healthy weight. Check yourself for testicular masses each month, especially important for younger men.
In your 40’s? Get your baseline cholesterol and your fasting blood sugar checked. Have your initial prostate exam done and keep proactive to maintain a healthy weight.
In your 50’s? Keep checking the cholesterol, blood sugar levels and body mass index. Speak with your naturopathic doctor or family doctor about your risk for colorectal cancers and what screening may be appropriate for you.
In your 60’s? Along with the other general health screening, you may have your bone density checked if your health care provider feels that it is indicated.
In your 70’s, 80’s or 90’s? Speak with you naturopathic or medical doctor to see what screening exams are required. Stay active and continue to involve yourself with activities you enjoy. Keep up with your social connections, a vital part of health as we get older.
Cross Roads naturopathic medicine is here to help, offering men’s health exams and plans to help you with diet, exercise planning, stress management and to make sure you stay ahead of the game. Your body will thank you for it. Come in for a health check today, get on track and feel great!